Here's just a few of the things that make me melt lately:
1. If I'm sitting on the floor, no matter what I'm doing and no matter how full my hands are, you'll find me. You'll position yourself in front of me facing away and shuffle your feet back until you feel my legs and then plop your little tush in my lap. Ever the centre of my universe.
2. Your undying love of the bunny your friend Kiki got you that cannot be replaced because it's a marketing sample. Every parents' dream.
3. The way you always know what you want and how to get it: You stand in front of the refrigerator pounding it with both palms when you're hungry; you bring me your shoes and point to the door when you're ready to go outside; you even ask me to cut your nails when they're getting too long (and if I forget after the first time, you ask my friends when you see them).
4. The way you pick up anything cylindrical and put it to your ear first and then your mouth and sing... the way your goofy mum does.
5. The way we can't be upstairs anywhere near the books without reading "In the Night Kitchen"... still.
6. When you kick up a fuss and I tell you, "we're going to see Isabella now!" and you immediately calm down even though everything else I'd tried didn't work.
7. Now you whine saying, "ne ne ne" just like the baby in our Spanish story book instead of your old whimper. So I always respond, "dijo el bebe" just like in our Spanish story book and you seem satisfied with that response for at least a few seconds.
8. The way you crawl up onto the couch to sit next to your papa using the poofs you've requested to be placed just so. Just like a big girl... with a big ol nappy bum and cute pyjamas.
9. When you make me a cup of tea on your oven, or mix up something scrummy in a bowl and then walk around tasting it (being sure to smack your lips for added effect) and then feed it to anyone and everyone, especially me and the bear.
10. The way you are always busy. I don't know how your toys survive at night without your constant maintenance.
I love you,